Thursday, January 31, 2013

One of my fav's



I had the opportunity last year to work backstage for a show in Chicago. I took my camera just in case I had a minute to archive some of the beautiful work that was being pumped out that day. It was a blast bringing together the skill of multiple artist to create one vision. I love what magic happened that weekend. I want to share some of the photos and break down the makeup for you. For this post I wont really talk about foundations, but I used TIGI foundation for all the models.


For the model above I used masking tape to create this… umm… mask. I cut the tape for the bottom shape. I placed the TIGI black shadow using the dome brush wet with liquid enhancer; loading at the top tapeline, transitioning to color downward, and then blend away. I left the lid natural. I repeated the process with the yellow from the VIP pallet and a clean dome brush, working upward form the bottom tapeline. Now, one more time, use the black brush wet to strengthen the top line… quick before the wet shadow dries… apply your black glitter with the blending brush. Give the outside corner of the eye a straight line. Add a slight brush of the orange to the cheeks, and a blot of yellow shadow to the lips for an edgy Avant Guard look.  






Below Eye colors come from VIP pallet and Gold from to TIGI Glitz duo. The details were created by color washing the orange over the eye lid, then loading yellow with the shading brush… not blended. I loaded the end my brush heavily with Orange and very intentionally placed the color to create this whimsical lash impression just under the eyes. The checks were done with Haute TIGI blush, and Serenity for the lips.


Below is a slight variation of the look from the previous photo 
Here is a wash of Glitz gold on the eyes, and serenity on the lips.
Bring on the drama with a cocktail of black liner and Luxury lip color to create the dark blackberry lip.








Here silver and gold from the Glitz split shadow was used on the eyes (gold in the inner eye and silver on the outer edges). I wanted this makeup to have a very monochromatic feeling, so I used serenity on the lips and then dabbed the gold shadow over the lip color to highlight the center of the mouth… fantastic on the pale blonde




The model above and below are the same girl… wow, the power of change! She had beautiful brows and lids for the sultry cat eye. I gave it a little twist by masking of this mime inspired line through the center of her eyes, and shadowing the line from dark to light.


more glitter  
                    


            











TIGI Liquid Enhancer and black were used to create this intense black with a glitter overlay. Gold Glitz under the eye adds a interesting pop of color to this look.



more VIP













1 comment:

  1. Please, tell me what you think. Also, please ask me any questions you might have

    ReplyDelete